The Mueller Lab is actively recruiting outstanding undergraduate students, graduate students, and PostDocs. We further welcome visiting students on both Baachelor's and Master's levels. Our lab's expertise spans the areas of:
- — Manufacturing: 3D printing and conventional fabrication
- — Engineering design: Computer-Aided Design (CAD) and Product design
- — Materials & Structures: Architected materials and mechanical metamaterials
- — Algorithmic design: Design automation and optimization
- — Artificial Intelligence: Machine learning and computer vision
We particularly encourage applications from backgrounds related to:
- — Mechanical Engineering
- — Materials Science
- — Civil and Systems Engineering
- — Computer Science and Engineering
- — Architecture and Design
- — Bioengineering
- Postdoctoral Scholars
We currently have two fully-funded PostDoc openings with an immediate starting date and welcome both national and international applicants. Please contact Prof. Mueller directly via email and enclose:
- — Your academic CV including your publication list.
- — A Description of past and future research interests.
- — Names and contact information of 1-3 references.
- Graduate students (Master's and PhD)
If you are interested in the Master's or PhD program, please apply directly through the Whiting School of Engineering and indicate your interest in working with Prof. Mueller. A Master's degree is not required for PhD students and, due to COVID-19, the GRE requirements are skipped for the 2020 application cycle.
The formal application deadline for incoming Master's and PhD students is on December 31 of every year, though, we are able to admit outstanding students at any time.
Students who bring their own funding are of particular interest and we are happy to support you in your application. The Research Development Team (RDT) at JHU provides a comprehensive and continuously updated repository of federal and private Graduate Student Funding Opportunities for both national and international students. A selection of particularly relevant fellowships is listed below. Additional, country-specific options for international applicants exist as well — please check your local sources.
- Undergraduate students (interns, visiting students, thesis students)
- Opportunities for (summer) internsiphs, REU students, visiting students, as well as part-time options exist. Please reach out directly using the contact information below.